Dinnington Racing Club - Cycling

DINNINGTON INSTITUTE ROAD & PATH was formed in 1925, affiliated to the Miners Colliery Institute. A red ash or shale banked cycle track was built on the Institute Sports field so the club had a really strong racing membership throughout the 1920's, 30's and 40's. These were the hey day years of the club as the membership decreased during the 1950's and was eventually disbanded in 1955.

The club was re-formed in 1960 by Joe Marsh Senior, continuing the tradition of track racing in the 1960's, 70's and 80's. After the demise of the Sports meeting at the beginning of 1970, the club gradually grew away from the Colliery Institute. Most of the riders now raced at all disciplines so the name was changed in 1973 to DINNINGTON RACING CLUB.


County
Yorkshire
Contact Name
Joe Marsh
Email


URL
http://www.dinningtonrc.co.uk/




Sponsored Links